Search This Blog

Wednesday 8 January 2014

Curves Around The World: DIY



Hello, Friends :)
 
Its 2014, yes 2014 and I hope you all have landed safely in this new year! I am still on holiday at my mom's place and it is still very nice to be away from work and just be busy with family and holiday matters.
 
This is the first post of Curves Around the World this year and the theme is DIY. Ever since our list completion for this round I have been very excited with this theme which was chosen by Nina my mate from our group. This happiness was stemming from the fact that I always tailor my items to fit me the way I need and therefore that means - most of my outfits are practically DIYed to suit my unique figure, lol :) 
 
For this outfit - I am wearing a Boob Tube Dress which I worked on to have sleeves as the top hem was not tight enough to stay fixed in one place and for this I used a belt that came with the dress.
 For the purpose of this theme, I am showcasing how I have turned a recently bought shirt into a vest and also show how I have ensembled an outfit with this repurposed shirt. 
 
I love DIY projects because they allow me to be creative and have unique and interesting items. My DIY love extends to accessories as well. I love changing the ones I already own into something special for example, giving an ordinary bangle a new life by wrapping it in a fresh and colourful print that can be re peeled into original state of the bangle in future when one is tired of that print cover.
 
I like simple projects as I don't really have ample time to be exploring complicated ones.
 
How far do you go with DIY Projects??? Love them just like me? What is your latest creation?
 
"Below is how I repurposed my shirt - cutting the sleeves only"   



 



Dress: Truworths
Shirt: Mr Price
Sandals: Mr Price
Watch: American Swiss (Tempo)
Earings: Target
Bracelets: Pep Stores
 



 
Please check out my lovely friends from around the world how they have interpreted this weeks theme - DIY!!!
 
Kate (Australia): SparklesandLace
Jen (Germany): Dressing These Curves
Aislynn (Denmark): Aislynn's World
Nina (USA): Curvy Mod
 Helen (England): Everyone Should Sparkle
 
Thank you for visiting my page and for reading this post - I appreciate that a lot: thank you!!!
 
Cheers,
 
Thulie :)

10 comments:

  1. I love what you did with the top and the whole outfit is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love DIY. It can get overwhelming, the key is to keep it simple. I recently turned an evening gown into a Maxi sheer skirt.
    We'll done on your job. The sleeves look neat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thulie such a cute outfit, I love the DIY that you did with cutting off the sleeve! You know I need to do this on a few shirts that I have that are a bit to snug on my arms, I'll have to try this when summer comes though because it's a bit too cold to do that right now for me. But I do love the idea and I totally agree with easy DIY because they can really transform simple things to great things! :) Happy New Year and I hope you enjoy the rest of your Holiday with your family! :)

    Nina
    http://curvymod.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really loved how you re-purposed this top! I'm going to take a gander at some pieces in my wardrobe. Also gives me ideas when I'm thrifting!

    InMyJoi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the fact that you've recreated a top! Doing this could save a lot of money on buying something similar from a store when you can make it yourself!! Love it!!

    Sharita L Conley
    The907strut.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so cute!! You look fab in red. Love the detail of the collar. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. One of my blouses recently got a hole under the arm, while I was going to just toss it, maybe it'll work as something sleeveless. Thanks for the inspiration. It looks great :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the shirt Thulie! You did a great job and I really like the outfit! That last pic is really cute :)

    http://everyoneshouldsparkle.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks great!! I love it! I'm so not DIY-ish- but you've inspired me!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so crafty! I'm always scared to repurpose things because I'm afraid I'll take them from okay to unwearable. This seems like something I could do, and the tie and cap sleeves have a sweet vintage look to them.

    Liz

    ReplyDelete