Search This Blog

Saturday 25 January 2014

Curves Around The World: GRUNGE



Good Evening my Fabulous Friends!!!
 
Its been a very long time since I last posted this is due to travelling I embarked on during this festive season and coming back to work. I think I have settled in not to miss any posts as this post is overdue and I apologise for the lack of consistency.
 
This posts theme is GRUNGE and if you were born before OR during 80s you will remember this kind of style as we wore many flannel shirts and doctor marten boots to spice up this look.
 
Many confuse punk with grunge forgetting that “Punk was antifashion,” and therefore was there to make a statement. Grunge was not about making a statement, which is why it’s crazy for it to have become a fashion statement. I am glad it did though, lol :)
 
The year fashion co-opted grunge in 1993 - Jean Paul Gaultier told Vogue  - grunge is nothing more than the way we dress when we have no money and that grunge has grown from the raw, messy scene surrounding the raw, messy sound—produced by a bedraggled pack of flannel-clad Pacific Northwest dropouts—that was suddenly the talk of the fashion establishment.
 
In my higher primary an high school GRUNGE was my staple fashion style and when looking around these days grunge is more polished up than before and that's the route I took for my outfit tonight. I think id call it Modernised Grunge or Grunge Chic ok, what ever relevant name you can give it. I am sure you get what I am trying to say here.
 
Now that you are probably in your 30s would you probably try this childhood fashion??? I like playing with my clothes and exploring styles and I think I can get used to this style on daily basis - pity I work in a serious environment :(
 
Whats your view on GRUNGE??? 
 




Dress: Edgars
Denim Vest: DIY from Mr Price Jacket
Shoes: Zando Online (Converse:All Star)
Sunglasses (Tom Ford): Sunglass Hut
Earing: Present from Pumla my besties
Bracelets: Pep Stores
Watch: American Swiss
 






 
Please check out my lovely friends from around the world how they have interpreted this weeks theme - GRUNGE!!!
 
Kate (Australia): SparklesandLace
Jen (Germany): Dressing These Curves
Aislynn (Denmark): Aislynn's World
Nina (USA): Curvy Mod
 Helen (England): Everyone Should Sparkle
 
Thank you for visiting my page and for reading this post - I appreciate that a lot: thank you!!!
 
Cheers,
 
Thulie :)

11 comments:

  1. You look so beautiful with your hair cut short! And your skin is magnificent! Keep up the outfit posts Sister, I really enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANKS. I will certainly improve, sorry for the inconsistency :)

      Delete
  2. Yas, we're short hair twins! lol. love your denim vest jacket

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have so much freedom, happy I have short hair :) Jacket is a DIY love it so much too!!

      Delete
  3. The Dennis vest and boots are soooo grunge. And yes it's been too long since you posted. We missed u and I'm loving the hair. Also thinking of going natural.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. life really happened, sorry for lack of posts but im on top of my game now - missed you too - I support you going natural, come join the movement, lol:)

      Delete
  4. Love this look. The jacket is amazing. It makes me want to cut the sleeves off my denim jacket!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!!! Its a DIY from an old jacket I had, so do cut those sleeves and repurpose :)

      Delete
  5. This is a fabulous look. I wouldn't consider a floral dress as grunge but you have changed my mind with your use of accessories.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome back Thulie, I'm happy you had a great holiday! :) I love your vest and I think you did a great job of creating a chic grunge outfit! :)

    Nina
    http://curvymod.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am in love with that dress! Such a gorgeous colour and I love the floral. Very pretty. I like the grunge additions like the boots and the denim waistcoat. :)

    http://everyoneshouldsparkle.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete