Search This Blog

Tuesday 28 January 2014

Tulle Skirt .... No, Tulle Dress: LOL!!!

Good Evening Friends :)
 
I have been coveting some tulle skirts on the net from different shops but did not get one due to how expensive they really are and because I was also hoping to come across a reasonably priced one maybe at Woollies or Donna Claire. Unfortunately that did not occur and I came across a promising skirt at Mr Price in December 2013 - moreover the skirt was on sale and priced to go. I couldn't resist the price and I decided to just buy it, why not???
 
That's the skirt I am wearing here as a boob tube dress because when I got home everything was just wrong and not even close to what I had imagined to look like when wearing the real puffed up tulle skirt with many layers of lace. Disappointed :( 
 
I was heart broken because this skirt worn as a skirt - the lace on top is just ridiculously long it really looked bad and made me look very short. So, I thought of cutting it to the length of my satisfaction but held that though as I played with some other ideas on how I could wear this without ruining the original design so that I can give it away still in intact state. So I thought of a boob tube dress :) That's exactly what I did with this skirt when I played dress up at home. I am still hurt its not a real thing but I am happy Mr Price gave me a taste of my dream and I really loved this orange colour as well cause it is very versatile to suit all seasons.
 
What do you say? Did I at least do justice styling this item? I needed to cover up to hide my bra line but decided to just let things be - I was at home not going anywhere, why not??? The belt could have been more nicer if was also orange I think, what do you say??
 
I boldly think this outfit is highly decent!!!
 
 
 
 
 
Skirt: Mr Price
Necklace: Lovisa
Bag: Thrifted from Mom's closet
Heels: Jet
Bangle: Lovisa
Watch: American Swiss
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Thank you so much for your wonderful support, good night :)
 
Thulie!!!

15 comments:

  1. Loving the orange on your skin! It looks fabulous. The necklace is amazing too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sweety, love the necklace too - its a gift from a dear friend Pumla :)

      Delete
  2. Thulisa, you absolutely rocked this! Your skin is so beautiful and flawless. I love your new hair cut as well. . I'm not bold enough to try that but you own this look lady! Well styled and poised ma'am :)

    http://kishinaskurvykorner.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much gal, I am really humbled :)

      Delete
  3. NEED that dress/skirt. You're looking good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know the feeling- you buy thigs hoping they'll look a certain way and they dissapoint. I have also been wanting a tulle skirt for a long time. I even attempted a DIY- Didnt go too well. But I've learnt from my mistakes and I'll attempt it again soon. If I succeed- I'll have to make it for you as well :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope that you do succeed cause Id be pleased to wear one of your creations - thanks :)

      Delete
  5. You look fabulous. The reddish-orange color highlights the copper undertones of your complexion. The belt works but if you want to be a bit bolder, I think a neon yellow belt will add some spice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, in future ill definately try a neon belt :)

      Delete
  6. Cutie pie!
    InMyJoi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. this blog is amazing..just found you on Nina's Curvy MOd. Well if you have time, please visit my blog and if you like it there don't forget to follow back alright?

    Following you now,
    Cassie
    http://cassiecadiz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Cassie, ill definately visit your page :)

      Delete
  8. Brava! You are stunning from head to toe. Your hair is regal and what you did with you "disappointment" was sheer creative genious! Kudos! And you complexion with the orange was breathtaking. I must have something orange, as you have inspired me!!!

    ReplyDelete