Search This Blog

Wednesday 9 April 2014

Curves Around The World: Shoes!!!

 
Good Evening, guys!!!
 
Hope you all, ok...
Yes, its another post for Curves Around the World and this weeks theme is "Shoes".
 
I love shoes, I really love them :) 
When I say I really love them, I mean: I am always willing to buy them as expensive as they come as long as they are comfy and ugly, lol :)
 
I wear a lot of heeled pumps and wedges at work but it has been a while not heading that direction lately. This is because I am not a fan of formal wear and therefore have kinda changed my style a lot especially for work. These days I wear smart casual or completely casual outfits at work just for the sake of comfort and style exploration BUT, I mean a big But - I ensure its always a polished casual if you know what I mean :)
 
I care a lot about what I present to everyone at work. I hate clumsy people who don't make an effort when going to work and I make an effort not to be in that zone ever - even though I am on this quest.
 
This change has been brought by a challenge I have pinned to myself. I noticed that I don't wear much of my other shoes for work because they are not considered "traditional work shoes" especially for someone holding my Management position in a Government Health Institution.
 
The shoes I am talking about are my beloved Sneakers & Plimsolls (All Star, Bensimons, Nike, Superga, Vans, Adidas, Lecoq Sportif), Boots (Dr Martens, UGGs, Minnetonkas), Creepers (Underground), Brogues (Dr Martens) etc. I have worn some of these shoes previously at work but only on casual days which are only Fridays of each week. My challenge is about me wearing all these shoes every single day in  an appealing smart casual manner to maximise their wear. Yes, yes, yes .... as I invest so much buying them!!!  
 
If I was really working in fashion industry I bet, id enjoy dressing up each morning incorporating my shoe love everyday with no worry to be judged. Its such a hassle mixing these kind of shoes in my everyday looks but because I love challenges I am pushing myself to the highest limits cause this exercise is assisting me to be more creative. I must really say, bloggers and stylists from all over the world on social networks really do come in handy with their new ideas on how to wear anything one is in doubt about.
 
For this post I am showing you how I wore my 6eyelets Dr Martens brogues on a Drizzly Cold Tuesday. I had a Camel Melton Coat on top of this outfit but the rain stopped in the afternoon and the weather warmed up and so, the coat stayed in my office whilst I walked around the hospital working. I don't plan where and when to take pictures when I am at work. Whenever an opportunity presents itself, I take pics.
 
On this day, I came across my colleague Ntembi and she took my pictures. I am carrying her bag in these pictures. I really would have loved taking these pics with the coat and the Fossil Leather Satchel I carried when coming to work BUT I am still pleased though, because the concept (HOW TO WEAR DR MARTENS SHOES) is captured: do you think so???
 
Do you love Dr Martens boots/shoes, Creepers, UGGs and HiTop All Star Sneakers??? If not, there is really something wrong with you, lol .... I am joking guys but seriously do try exploring with shoes :) 
 
"Printed 6eyelets Doctor Marten Shoe"
 
 
Skirt: Thrifted
Top: Woolworths
Scarf: Katies
Neckpiece: Mr Price
Earings: Gift from a friend
Bracelet: Lovisa
Watch: American Swiss
Bag: Ntembi's
Socks: Woolworths
Shoes: Dr Martens
 
 
 
 
 
 
"Had this Nail Colour on this Day and its currently my fav"
 
 
 
 
 
 
Please check out my lovely friends from around the world how they have interpreted this weeks theme - Shoes!!!
 
Kate (Australia): SparklesandLace
Jen (Germany): Dressing These Curves
Aislynn (Denmark): Aislynn's World
Nina (USA): Curvy Mod
 Helen (England): Everyone Should Sparkle
Olivia (Singapore): Curves Become Her 
 
Thank you for visiting my page and for reading this post - I appreciate that a lot: thank you!!!
 
Cheers,
 
Thulie :)

6 comments:

  1. My mom and several of my cousins are also very adventurous when it comes to their footwear. It takes a strong personality to be able to pull them off :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thulie I think you did an amazing job in styling these shoes, I love the floral design on these shoes. I really like the idea of wearing like everyday shoes and dressing them up. (I think this should be one of our challenges!) But yeah I think you did a great job of making it office appropriate!

    Nina

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look so cute! This is definitely a work appropriate outfit. It IS a challenge to wear shoes not traditionally considered professional for women. love how you pulled it off!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These shoes are so cute! I love the floral pattern. They are a great feature for any outfit! They would look good with plain or "clash" with a patterned outfit. Love it! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a lovely outfit and you look so cute. I know what you mean about dressing up for work. I used to go pretty casual and was sometimes overdressed but now at my new job I feel like devil wears Prada only with nice and friendly colleagues. I now have to rethink my business style but it is a lot of fun to do so

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really liked reading about your intentions with how you dress for work and wanting to take "non-work" shoes and make them appropriate for an office environment. I like that you think outside of the box with professional dress by wearing smart casual but still experiment with fashion and push your style envelope. When I was teaching, I often got wrapped up into what I was "supposed" to wear and what "professional" looked like, that I didn't have much fun with fashion. I didn't take many risks or try anything new. I really like that you approach professional dressing with an experimental mindset. It's really inspiring. And I love that you're challenging yourself to style casual shoes for the office. I'm always thinking about ways to remix clothing pieces, but never shoes. I'll have to try it!

    <3 Liz
    www.withwonderandwhimsy.com

    ReplyDelete